Inputs is under active development, and contributions are more than welcome!
How to Help¶
- Run the tests and the examples on your system, provide feedback about worked and what didn’t.
- Test different devices to see what happens
- Add support for more devices
- Write more examples using inputs to do fun things.
How to Develop¶
Inputs is managed using github. To get started with developing inputs, download the code from github and run the tests using the below:
git clone https://github.com/zeth/inputs.git cd inputs python setup.py test
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a bug.
- Fork the repository on GitHub and start making your changes to a new branch.
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. :)
Get Early Feedback¶
A quote from a completely different Python project seems apt here:
If you are contributing, do not feel the need to sit on your contribution until it is perfectly polished and complete. It helps everyone involved for you to seek feedback as early as you possibly can. Submitting an early, unfinished version of your contribution for feedback in no way prejudices your chances of getting that contribution accepted, and can save you from putting a lot of work into a contribution that is not suitable for the project.